Comment on page
These are notes taken from a physical copy of the book "Practical Object-oriented Design: An Agile Primer Using Ruby, Second Edition" by Sandi Metz.
- the world is procedural (e.g. time flows forward and events pass by) but it is also object-oriented (e.g. objects have their own behavior)
- new arrangements of behavior emerge naturally from a world of objects
- object-oriented software treats the world as a series of interactions between objects
- you need to shift from thinking of the world as pre-defined events to modelling the world as a series of messages that pass between objects
- this is object-oriented design (OOD)